Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Life: A leap of faith

When Charles Dickens wrote - "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times" who knew he was talking about my life or more accurately, my mid twenties. I have seen, many a teenagers or young adults, like myself, exclaim at times that life is a roller coaster. Now, I wouldn't completely agree with that because I have not been faced with situations as extreme as a roller coaster ride, however,  to a certain degree I do agree that life is in essence a mix of emotions just like the ones felt while on a roller coaster ride.

When I started blogging, way back in 2007 I started with the idea of maintaining a journal so that I could archive my emotions, sensibilities and thoughts all on one page. As I read through the old posts I see that I have come a long way. I might have faced slumps and I might have experienced some great highs but I  have never ceased to be the person that I always knew I was. I have surprised myself a lot of times, times when I stopped looking forward, times when I questioned my capabilities, times when I questioned my very being, but I am glad to announce I did survive. I survived professional slumps, I survived damaging break ups, I survived living alone for a long period, I survived losing my sister, I survived losing a close one to cancer right in front of my eyes, I survived packing up his life long belongings into one truck load all by myself.  I did survive and this should act as a great example for future reference. We all just survive. What we must not forget is life just moves on. Life is all about living. Just living.

As I look at my life now, I think of this wonderful quote by George Eliot ..."It's never too late to be what you might have been"


xoxo
Drama Queen 

No comments:

Post a Comment