Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Books that I am currently reading or about to start

This is actually a vague list of what I will be reading over summer. Please note that I am reading two of them currently.

  1. Laughable Loves - Milan Kundera
  2. The unbearable lightness of being - Milan Kundera
  3. Prince of Ayodhya  and 3 more parts of the series - Ashok K. Banker 
  4. The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana - Umberto Eco 
  5. The Island of Day Before - Umberto Eco 
  6. Inferno- Dante 
  7. My Name is Red - Orhan Pamuk 
  8. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the night time - Mark Haddon 
  9. Jawaharlal Nehru An Autobiography 
  10. Snow - Orhan Pamuk 
Now, out of the ten mentioned above, I have already read My name is Red by Orhan Pamuk maybe twice or thrice. It is one of my favorite books and I plan to re-read it this summer. 

I am currently reading the unbearable lightness of being by Milan Kundera and I just began The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana by Umberto Eco . I personally do not recommend reading more than one book at a time because I personally feel you cannot be completely absorbed in a book when you are having a fling with another. But there is something peculiar about The unbearable lightness of being. It is very textually rich and heavy in matter and every time I read it I cannot get past 6-7 pages because it actually leaves my head a bit heavy. It provokes thoughts I never knew I could have. It invigorates a process in my mind that brings my mind to unrest. (Did that make sense) All I know is it does something that I cannot express in words for those are strong emotions we are talking about.  

This is the reason why I am reading another book (The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana - Umberto Eco) along with it, which calms the unrest in my mind. I have just started it, so it is a bit early to comment on it. But I will keep you posted. 

If there are any books you would like to suggest, please feel free to drop a comment. 

Love
me :)

2 comments:

  1. Any list that includes Eco, Kundera and Pamuk cannot possibly go awry. All you need is a little bit of Gabriel García Márquez thrown in and you will have a list of fiction that I would love.

    And I do hope you like the wonderful pop-culture references in Mysterious Flame and the way Eco embraces the fact that different readers use the same material to form different characters and different memories and how that affects personality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well as I mentioned, I have just started reading the book. Work leaves me absolutely exhausted and with very little time to follow my literary pursuits LOL. But I am hoping to progress further on the book this weekend which I am just BTW spending at home.

    xoxo
    Drama Queen

    ReplyDelete